Going to the cinema is nice but sometimes you just want to relax at home and enjoy your privacy but at the same time watch a movie. With one of the projectors on this list of the best home theater projector under 500 for 2018 reviews. You will be able to enjoy HD quality movies on widescreen, imagine watching your favorite movie on a 300-inches screen. Without having to spend an arm and leg. Our pick for the top rated $500 home cinema is the BenQ DLP video projector.
- 0.1 Top Rated Home Theater Projectors Comparison
- 0.2 Best Home Theater Projector Under 500 For 2018 Review
- 0.2.1 1. BenQ DLP Video Projector – SVGA Display, 3200 Lumens, HDMI, 13,000:1 Contrast, 3D-Ready Projector (MS524)
- 0.2.2 2. BenQ DLP HD 1080p Projector (W1070) – 3D Home Theater Projector with Lens Shift Technology and RGBRGB Color Wheel
- 0.2.3 3. Epson EX5240, XGA, 3200 Lumens Color Brightness, 3200 Lumens White Brightness, 3LCD Projector
- 0.2.4 4. Epson Powerlite HC2030 Home Cinema 2030 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector (Certified Refurbished)
- 0.2.5 5. Epson Home Cinema 740HD 720p, HDMI, 3LCD, 3000 Lumens Color and White Brightness Home Theater Projector
- 0.3 DLP Projectors vs. LCD Projectors
Top Rated Home Theater Projectors Comparison
|Name||BenQ DLP Video Projector||BenQ DLP HD||Epson EX5240||Epson Powerlite HC2030||Epson Home Cinema 740HD|
|Lumen||3200 Lumens||2000 Lumens||3200 Lumens||2000 Lumens||3000 Lumens|
|Native Resolution||800x600||1080p||1024 x 768||1080p||720p|
|Stand Out Feature||Blu-Ray,Full HD,3D support||Built in Speakers,Full HD||Quick power off and free carrying case||2D and 3D viewing||Built in speakers|
|Check Price On Amazon||Check Price On Amazon||Check Price On Amazon||Check Price On Amazon||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Home Theater Projector Under 500 For 2018 Review
1. BenQ DLP Video Projector – SVGA Display, 3200 Lumens, HDMI, 13,000:1 Contrast, 3D-Ready Projector (MS524)
The BenQ DLP projector will do a great job whether you’re looking for a home theater projector or a top rated projector for the office or classroom. This DLP projector is designed with a colorific technology that creates vibrant and true life images. Has it optimizes images and even makes presentations look interesting. Furthermore, it offers 3 times more contrast than most projectors. And if you have ever owned a projector before; you probably know that after a while of constant use the image quality starts to drop. Well with this projector you will never have to worry about image quality. As it is specifically designed to show no signs of image decay even after 2,000 hours of intense use.
- 3 times as bright as most projectors on the market
- 3200 lumens
- Blu-ray and full HD 3D supported.
- More than worth the price
- Fan is very quiet
- Doesn’t have a USB port
2. BenQ DLP HD 1080p Projector (W1070) – 3D Home Theater Projector with Lens Shift Technology and RGBRGB Color Wheel
Here we have a full HD 3D 1080p image projector. That will allow you to enjoy screen sizes of up to 200 inches without a drop in picture quality. Designed with 2000 lumens, not only can you watch your favorite movies. But you can also enjoy your favorite games. As it supports numerous modes of input. In addition, this projector is designed with built-in speakers. Allowing you to easily set up and enjoy almost anywhere. All you will need is a power source and video source and you’re ready.
- Full HD enjoyment with new glasses designed for maximum image quality
- Uses SmartEco technology that adjusts the lamp power and helps to improve contrast and brightness
- No lag when playing games
- Small and lightweight
- Supports numerous moods of input
- Takes a while to turn back on after being turned off. But this common with most projectors.
3. Epson EX5240, XGA, 3200 Lumens Color Brightness, 3200 Lumens White Brightness, 3LCD Projector
Epson brand projectors are rated among the best. As they are designed with a unique 3 chip technology. This allows you to enjoy three times higher color brightness and a better and wider color gamut. Furthermore, it is built with 3000 lumens of color and white brightness. This allows it to work better than most projectors even in a well-lit room. This is good in case you should feel the need to watch a movie in the day and the room isn’t dark.
- Easy to set up
- Works well even in a lit room
- Supports HDMI connection and can be used with media players
- Comes with a carrying case for free
- Turns of instantly, no delay like most projectors
- Limited image adjustment
4. Epson Powerlite HC2030 Home Cinema 2030 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector (Certified Refurbished)
Here we have a refurbished top rated projector. You can purchase this projector with confidence, as it is tested and certified by the manufacturer. Further, it comes with a two-year limited warranty and 90-day limited lamp warranty. The Epson Powerlite HC 2030 projector works great with 2D and 3D images. It also allows you to enjoy high definition 1080p movies. In addition, you can increase your image size to as wide as 300 inches. And it uses the same 3 chip technology that can be found in most Epson projectors.
- 3D quality movies
- 2 years replacement policy with your purchase
- Easy to adjust image size
- Built in lens cover
- The auto iris tends to make a slight clicking noise sometimes
5. Epson Home Cinema 740HD 720p, HDMI, 3LCD, 3000 Lumens Color and White Brightness Home Theater Projector
No need to go to the cinema anymore as this projector will allow you to enjoy widescreen entertainment. From the comfort of your home, for under $500 you will get a highly rated home cinema HD projector. This Epson Cinema brightness theater projector is designed with three times the color brightness of most projectors. Furthermore, it delivers 740 HD widescreen and offers a maximum screen size of 300 inches. In addition, it can be connected to your latest gaming console or streaming device.
- Supports numerous modes of connection
- Allows you to enjoy vibrant images and HD quality
- Comes with 90 days warranty
- Seems like the speaker isn’t very loud
DLP Projectors vs. LCD Projectors
What is the difference between DLP and LCD?
Well, the meaning of LCD is liquid crystal display. And these are projectors that are usually designed with 3 separate LCD glass panels.Red, green and blue components of the image signal will be fed into the projector. In addition, a light is emitted through the LCD panels causing individual pixels to open and allowing light to pass through. Or do the opposite and block the light. This activity breaks down the light and leads to the production and projection of the image on the screen.
Meanwhile, DLP stands for digital light processing and was developed by Texas instruments.DLP projectors use a chip that acts as a reflective surface designed with hundreds of tiny mirrors. With each mirror meaning counted as a pixel. Keep I mind that in most Epson brand projectors they actually use 3 DLP chips instead of one for an even clearer viewing.
Advantages of DLP projectors
- Smaller and more lightweight compared to LCD projectors.
- Higher contrast and deeper black levels
- Reduced pixelation
Drawbacks of DLP Projectors
- Rainbow effect: – I am sure during your time browsing reviews of projectors you have heard this term. The rainbow effect is caused by the spinning color wheel that modulates images. Giving off a visible separation of colors mainly red, green and blue.
- But with the improvement of technology, this rarely happens as the makers have altered the color wheels.
Advantages LCD projectors
- Better color saturation
- Good image quality at low resolution
Drawbacks of LCD projectors
- Lower levels of black and contrast
- Some of the older models of LCD projectors have a screen door effect.This is usually caused by the pixelation.But in recent times there has been a gradual improvement in pixelation on LCD projectors.